I Found a Love Letter

Scouring into my inbox, I stumbled an old love letter dated sometime in 2012. Although written more than half a decade ago, its words remain fresh — never weaken by times, never rusted in years. It still make me smile.

We started our love story by exchanging sweet notes. We sustain it by doing the same.

At times I told her, when our hearts betray us, and our minds refuse us. When smiles become drought and tears flood their sorrows, let us altogether read the letters that we wrote – to remind us that at one time in our lives, we pledged of an eternal love.

Here she provided replies to every paragraph that I wrote.

Hi Sweetie,

I found your note in my inbox. You know what, I’ve been reading this all over again and again because this is how we started. I came up with a reply in every paragraph you’ve wrote.

You said:

I have been trekking the life of a disappointed, discouraged and lonely man over the past few months, wading my way to survive in the most perilous times of my being.

“I believe you’ve been into the toughest times of your life. But see now, Sweetie, you’ve made it to me!”

You said:

For those who know me only on the outside, they think me as inevitable – a superman on every challenge and a person who can survive on anything. But I am not ideal. I am a hard-headed, strong-willed person. I have nightmares from the past, and shadows I wished I could de-tail them from me.

“I never thought of finding a perfect partner. You are just healthy for me Sweetie!”

You said:

Bearing the world upon my shoulder, I took every single step every day, dreaming and wanting for only one thing to happen – where and when this life can finally end. But it is with a grateful heart when in the most unexpected moment, in the less anticipated crossroad, I found you along the way.

“I see and feel you walking from a distance, and the roads just let my feet walk towards you.”

You said:

In a very short period of time, I saw the colors coming back from my grayscale life.  For that, I thank you for allowing me to be me, and for dealing with me irrespective of the consequences of the mistakes that I have to live by. Thank you for always letting me make you smile so that I know that you will be okay.

“Same with my mistakes Sweetie, thank you for having the patience to stay with me. Though there are times that I really cry a lot but still I should say that…my tears can’t compensate with the smiles you made.”

You said:

Thank you for being too busy with everything in the world but still taking time to sit, chat and text with me. Most of all, thank you for allowing me to tell you “I love you” though you may think that it may be a liquor-influenced lines. But it is not.

“You’ve been busy Sweetie and now it’s my moment to return those words to you. That I thanked you for being busy with everything in the world but still you have the time to chat and text me. Most of all, I really thank you for allowing me to tell “I love you” for hundred times.”

You said:

Thank you for not having my sense of humor but laughing with simple things that we find simple joy. Thank you for believing me when I tell you that you are beautiful, and for your unwavering convictions and understanding as I float in the breeze of confusion and disorder.

“You are welcomed the most my Sweetie, I rather thank you back for everything you did to me. Thank you for touching my heart, making me tougher and beautiful than before. Thank you also for trusting me that I could be a better woman for you.”

You said:

For now, let’s enjoy every single moment of our friendship, and may the winds of fate take us wherever it wants us to lead.

“The winds had just moved us closer to each other and now it’s leading us to a wonderful never-ending story of us. Thank God it’s an Endless Love!”

Hugs and Kisses,

Your Sweetie My

Advertisements

3 Comments Add yours

1. Tobie Tuggle says:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?

2. Gale Blattel says:

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!